At Word Refuge, we do our best to simplify complicated systems – which means streamlining the SEO copywriting and online marketing process to accomplish, both, your and our goals quickly and efficiently.
We’ve therefore created a straightforward three-step procedure to ensure our clients and copywriters are on the same page at the same time.
Word Refuge will guide you step-by-step through the project process; it is our job to let you know the next step as we approach it.
For now, please take a look at this general guide detailing our method leading up to delivering great copy. (You’ll see that there’s a lot more than writing involved – we’re big on research!)
Although we have created this system to simplify the copywriting process, we appreciate that each client is unique and are more than willing to be flexible.
STEP ONE: The Details (Developing the Strategy & Taking Care of Business)
• We examine your website, blog, current social media and content marketing campaign to identify the areas that need improvement. We then write a proposal detailing the best SEO strategy for your business. If you already know exactly what needs to be done (which pages to add to your site, what changes need to be made on your social sites and exactly which services are needed), the Content Review can then be bypassed. To learn more about a Content Review, read our article What is an SEO Content Review.
DELIVER THE COPY PROPOSAL
• After we determine the best approach for improving your SEO performance and your brand’s online success, we’ll write a proposal detailing the strategy. If you are building a new website, this is the point we would also deliver the Site Map for your review.
DELIVER THE QUOTE
• Once you’ve had a chance to review our proposed SEO copywriting strategy, you’re free to choose what you would like to implement, and what you would like to postpone until a later date. We then write up a quote with the requested services for your approval.
• We do ask that our clients sign our contract; and we hope that you will find it very beneficial for you as well. You will never have to worry about not receiving the agreed upon work order, as we are both under contract. We find this smart business practice makes both parties feel comfortable and secure.
FIRST INVOICE BILLED FOR DOWN PAYMENT
• Prior to beginning a project, we do request that half of the contracted price be paid. We bill through Google Checkout (and Pay Pal if need be).
STEP TWO: The Research (We must prepare before we write!)
• Once we’ve nailed down the job, price, contract and invoice, it’s time to begin the project! The first step is to create and deliver a thorough questionnaire to you that asks important questions about your brand identity, target market, industry and market segments, competition and customer profile. (i.e. What makes the product special? Who is the audience? Who are the competitors?). Whatever you do not fill out, we will research and complete for you.
STUDY AND RESEARCH ALL RELEVANT SOURCES
• We then spend a considerable amount of time studying your industry, target audience, brand identity, competition, collateral, industry blogs, etc.
KEYPHRASE STRATEGY FINALIZED
• Although we do preliminary keyphrase research during the copy proposal stage, at this point we now finalize the keyphrase strategy.
• After all of the research has been done, we write and deliver a creative brief that includes the conclusive marketing message and concept.
STEP THREE: The Words (Write and Deliver Great SEO Copy!)
WRITE SERP TITLES AND DESCRIPTIONS
• Now we generate the content pages with unique SERP titles, descriptions, and tags.
WRITE FIRST DRAFT
• Ahh, finally, the fun part – writing the copy! Now we get to fuse together all of the useful information we’ve gathered and write fantastic copy; and we now have all of the necessary tools to do so.
FIRST DRAFT DELIVERABLES
• We deliver the SERP title and descriptions and page content to you for review. If you have questions and comments, now is the time to discuss this with us. You’re free to ask for revisions if you’d like changes to be made.
• The client has 5 days after receiving the deliverables to ask for revisions. After the 5 days have expired, the project is deemed finished.
FINAL DRAFT DELIVERABLES
• We deliver polished and perfected SEO copywriting to you in the format of your choice. RTF (rich text format) is often the best choice, as it’s simple for copy and pasting directly into a CMS without error.
FINAL PAYMENT AND RECEIPT
• We deliver an invoice for the remaining half of the balance due. If you would like a receipt for your records, we’re happy to accommodate you.
So that’s it! Hopefully it’s now crystal clear that we pride ourselves on delivering only high quality, thoroughly researched and original copy.
When you hire a Word Refuge, SEO copywriter, you’re hiring a well-trained, professional writer who’s studied their trade as long and hard as any other fine craftsman. At Word Refuge, we are in no way article spinners who merely copy and paste keyphrase stuffed junk, only to please search – which in reality, it doesn’t please search at all! Those who believe that article spinning is anything but spam, are very mislead.
(To read more article spinning, and why you should stay away from it, checkout this great blog post written by Divine Write’s renowned SEO copywriter, Glenn Murray, If you’re an article spinner, you’re a spammer. Man up and admit it!).
If you have any questions about how our Creative SEO Copywriting Services can improve your online marketing efforts, or you’d like to receive a quote, contact us now. We’re happy to help!<< Back To Articles